CopyRight

Total Pageviews

Blogroll

Main Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)

Twitter (Don't Edit)

Disqus for Labnol like blogger template

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

couch mode print story

Headbands can do Strange Wonders for Wigs


I went to a concert a few nights ago and I saw a girl with the most wonderful hair. It was straight and chin length with bangs. Furthermore it was colored orange and yellow, and adorned by a thin blackheadband, positioned on her head like a crown. I could not help myself from looking in her direction periodically to take it in. When the lights came on, though, I realized she was actually wearing a wig. Not only that, but she was wearing a verycheap wig!
Being a wig connoisseur, I am generally not often fooled by even the most high end wigs. How could I have been, not only unaware, but in awe of this inexpensive costume wig? Simply put, it was the headband. In this case, said headband pushed up the hair coming from the back of the crown of the wig, causing this strange, unintentional and natural look. It proved to me in someone else, something that I was first aware of from experimenting on myself: headbands are an accessory that can enhance a wig very positively.


withheadbandEven a somewhat poorly designed wig can gain a new life with the rightheadband. Decent wigs can, at least, gain a new look. Check this out… In this first picture, the wig is worn as purchased. It’s kind of cute. Not a bad wig. Then I added a simple, red, elastic headband, much in the style of the girl at the concert. I tied the hair up in the back of it and achieved the look in the second picture. As you can see, it looks like two completely different wigs. The headband held the hair tightly to my head, allowing for those great, sweeping bangs. All I did was experiment! Though though are no pictures of it here, I later untied the hair in the back and let it cascade down, leaving the headband in place. I then used awig brush to elevate the hair that sat behind the headband, but in front of my crown. It gave me a very cute, bouffant, southern kind of appearance. So because of a single piece of red elastic, I was able to create three completely different styles with a single wig.
I am particularly fond of the headbands which are tied. The blue one in the picture at the top of this post is an example of that. For one thing, they are wide enough to obscure a part in the top of the wig that may look awkward. Also, though, because you are in charge of the degree of tightness of the band, you can use it for all kinds of practical things. One such thing is the ability to tighten it so that it pulls back on your forehead, lifting your skin for a more feminine facial appearance. You can also take the excess ends of the band (if it has any) and retie it into the wig like a bow, or something funkier.
Courtecy: 
http://gendertrade.com/2009/10/19/headbands-can-do-strange-wonders-for-wigs/

Written by Sagar Basak, personal technology columnist and founder of Most Useful Tricks. You can follow him on the social web or sign up for the email newsletter for your daily dose of how-to guides and video tutorials.




0 comments:

Post a Comment