CopyRight

Total Pageviews

Blogroll

Main Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)

Twitter (Don't Edit)

Disqus for Labnol like blogger template

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

couch mode print story

A step-by-step makeup makeover



1
Begin by applying the stage makeup in your shade all over the face and throat with a sponge, adding extra coverage where needed by patting extra foundation over those areas. Next, add depth and contouring to the face by applying the next darkest shade of stage makeup to the left and right sides of the forehead, under the cheekbone, to the sides of the nose, and along the jaw line(be sure to blend the contoured areas, so they don't look like stripes!). Finally, to prepare the face for color, set the entire application with loose powder using a powder puff or powder brush.
1
2
Its now time to add a little color to the face and brighten up those cheeks! To do this, you must first find the perfect shade of blush to compliment your skin. To brighten myself up, I take the blush brush, load it with Mild Pink Blush, and sweep the color over the top of my cheekbones (not under), and work the color back to the hairline. The blush should be brightest on the "apple" of the cheek (the part of the cheek that sticks out when you pucker your lips), and should fade as it heads toward the side of the cheek bone.
2
3
Now onto eyes! Start by applying a brightening shade all over the eye lid (from lashes to brow) with a wide shadow brush. I recommend using the shade "Oyster" to give the optimal brightening and a little shimmer as well to reflect light and open the eye.
3
4
Now we're going to give the eye a little depthÖand mystery! In this photo, I have taken the "Sangria" shadow and applied that shade on my lid and crease using an angled shadow brush.
4
5
It's now time to give the eye a little more intensity. I have applied "Mauve" shadow just on the lid (the little area below the crease), sweeping it across my eye all the way down to the lash line.
5
6
No eye is complete without liner and mascara. For the perfectly defined eye, apply the "Jet" eyeliner to the top of the eye, by sweeping it in short strokes across the lash line area, making sure that the liner touches the base of the lash line. For a "lifted" look, I always make my liner thinner towards the nose, and thicker as it goes outward. Dot the liner on the bottom of the lash line, and smudge it with a liner brush. Finish the eye by applying two generous coats of "black" mascara all over the lashes (I must tell you, I have tried many mascaras, but this one is the BEST!!!!
6
7
Lips can make or break a look. Often times, the lip liner is either forgotten, or not used to its full potential. To make my lips look fuller, I start by drawing a "V" in the center of my top lip, using the "Plum Brown" liner. I then start at each corner and work my way up to the "V", lining just above my lip line. Finally, I trace the liner across my bottom lip, again, just outside my lip line.
7
8
I find that when I fill in my lips with liner, my lipstick stays on longer, and my lipstick looks more "3-dimensional." To do this I pick a lighter lipliner to fill in with. A shade such as "Pink Glaze" does the job perfectly!
8
9
A beautiful and flattering lip shade can brighten the face, and soften the features like nothing else. I love to finish my lip by applying "Prom Pink" lipstick to the entire lip area with a lip brush, sweeping the color within the lip. A lip brush is essential for the initial application, as it truly does give a more professional, polished look.
9
10
As you can see, a little subtlety all over really creates a flawless face. Minor details, such as the ones I have listed above, can really create the look you are seeking. With TG Cosmetics, you can truly become the woman you have always wanted to be!
10

Written by Sagar Basak, personal technology columnist and founder of Most Useful Tricks. You can follow him on the social web or sign up for the email newsletter for your daily dose of how-to guides and video tutorials.




0 comments:

Post a Comment